Tuesday, June 5, 2007

They got 16!!

Today is a good day!! I am back from my retrieval and am very happy to report that they got 16 eggs!! Frank and I are both very pleased.
I slept through the whole thing and was a bit sore when I came out...feels a bit like very bad period pain. Feeling okay now just tired and bloated and just a little crampy but it was all worth it!!
...
They have decided to do ICSI on some of the eggs even tho the sperm quality was good today, they didn't say how many so we'll see what they say tomorrow. I have to phone them at 10am tomorrow for the fertalisation report so I'll let you all know then. I am praying that we get a good fert rate and that everything goes okay until they can be put back.
...
I start my progesterone tomorrow already, twice daily....thought it was a bit strange that they start you on it before the transfer but I'm not questioning anything as I'm sure they know what they are doing!!
...
Please pray that my little embies do their thing and that tomorrow brings good news, for now...I'm off to shower and then the couch!!

12 comments:

LJ said...

The progesterone is to help build the lining up to make a sweet cushy home for the embryos. I'm so excited for you guys - 16!!!

So wonderful, I am excited for your transfer!

Sarah said...

woohoo, 16 is great!!! i think that's how many i had too. congratualtions!!! i can hardly wait for the fert report, i'm sure you can't either. but i hope you're getting lots of time to relax and be pampered!

Mandy said...

Well done you! I will be praying for many fertilisations and some good strong embies for transfer on friday.
You just go and relax now - you deserve it!
((hugs))
Mands xx

ultimatejourney said...

Wow, 16 eggs! Fantastic! Best wishes for lots of fertilization!

JJ said...

WOW! Thats GREAT GREAT news--hoping for GREAT news from here on out=)

Leah said...

Yeah for your 16! And here I was, all excited about my 6. Ha! Maybe your ovaries could give mine a few pointers, huh?

I'm so happy that you had so many, and that you aren't feeling too crappy. I'll have my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for a great fert report tomorrow.

Becks said...

Really pleased for you...wow 16, you put my miserable 4 to shame! i started on progesterone before transfer so I think that is normal. So looking forward to the report. Fingers crossed.

Mama Bear said...

16! Hooray! I hope you have great news after the fertilization report, Tam! I'm hoping with all my might that this is your cycle. :-)

Carrie said...

16 eggs, way to go!

Hope you had a nice relaxing day on the couch. You've earned that for sure.

Cibele said...

WOW, 16! well done. I am very excited for you. I hope that you get good news when ou call tomorrow...

Cajun Cutie said...

16!! Woo Hoo! I hope that progesterone makes a nice comfy spot for them to nest. How many are you guys going to stick back in?
Good Luck!
-Anla

Unknown said...

16 is fantastic, Tam! Fingers crossed for an equally fantastic fertilization report.