Thursday, June 7, 2007

Fert report #2

Lucky number 7 is today's mantra!! One of the ICSI ones never made it through the night, 7 is good tho, better than I could wish for actually.

I asked them about the grading and whether they were dividing on time etc and they said that the Dr. would discuss that with us in the morning...I can't wait!! They must be good, please let them be good :)

We have to be there at 8am tomorrow and then we'll see the Dr and discuss everything and how many we putting back and freezing etc, I think the transfer will only be done after 9'ish.

Everything down below is feeling much better now, still got a bit of backache and if I rub my tummy too hard then I can feel that it's still not 100% but it's all good. Only had a little bit of brown spotting which I was pleased about.

I really have a good feeling about our little 7, I know it's early but I'm starting to feel like we are getting closer to the end of our long journey, am I pushing my luck hoping that my first IVF works?? It seems a little cheeky to me actually but I can't help but look around blogland and see that it's worked for others....so why not us?? Everything has been moving along really well through this IVF, I'm scared to hope that it's all been too good, but maybe this is just what we needed?

Okay so, we have a +- 50% fert rate which means that the fertilsation maybe wasn't the problem, maybe it was my tubes, the acidity or even the endo...don't think we'll ever know but I'm thinking that the sperm and egg just never got to meet, I mean really...like I was saying to Frank yesterday, out of 27 cycles....if the sperm and egg where meeting surely something would have happened? Anyway, it really doesn't help over-analysing things (it's one of those I AM things about me tho), right now...I am just extremely happy that things are going well. It's so nice to see my husband happy and relaxed too, he keeps on telling that I'm going to be his pregnant wife soon :) How sweet...thank you babe! I'm praying that you right!

I've been thinking about a lot of things lately, IVF has a way of making you think, this is definately a stressfull process, the waiting to see if your little embies survive the night is really hard, I'm thinking this 2ww is going to be madness!! I feel so helpless, everytime I think about them I want to be there, to watch them grow and just know that everything is okay, it's wierd knowing that Frank and I have finally created something together and it's growing outside of me right now....it's strange, I already feel protective and want them all to be okay...obviously I know that we wont have 7 children out of them and that makes me sad too.

I feel a bit wierd saying all this stuff out loud, but I know that you girls will understand, it's all just so overwhelming. I love my husband so much just thinking that part of him and me have finally come together (not that I don't always love him but this is a special thing for me), I am so proud of our little embies for doing there thing, I can only hope and pray that we get some babies out of our precious little 7!

Will let you know how tomorrow goes...till then :)

8 comments:

ultimatejourney said...

This all sounds fantastic! I'm so hopeful for you. I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to push your luck in hoping the first cycle works, but it happens, so why not to us? I hope Frank is right!

Sarah said...

you have every reason to be hopeful and thinking positive, everything is going perfectly! good luck tomorrow!!

Mandy said...

I am sitting here having a little cry for you and Frank - a happy cry.
It does seem like your journey is nearing the end, and it couldn't happen to a nicer person.
Hoping tomorrow holds good things and that your 2ww blazes by like the rest of your cycle.
It might be a good time to get together for a cuppa? (Only if you want to - no pressure)
Mands xx

Laura, the (reluctant) baroness said...

I am thrilled for your thriving little embies! It can work for you. Best of luck tomorrow!

JJ said...

Everything sounds so positive! You have been on my mind!

Carrie said...

I love that you feel an even bigger connection with your husband through your little embies. I get that.

Hoping everything goes smoothly tomorrow.

FWIW 7 is my favourite number.

Mama Bear said...

Good luck tomorrow! I'm so glad to her how well everything i s going!

Leah said...

I can't wait to hear your update from the transfer this morning!!