Friday, June 8, 2007

My little two...

I'm back from the transfer and am happy to say that everything went very well today. We met with the Dr. first and had a look at pics of our little embies, it was so nice to see. They didn't give me pics of them but said that I can get them if I bring them a fla.sh disk but he also suggested that we get that BFP first and I suppose he's right.

He said that our embies were "excellent" grade, they were all well rounded and had no fragmentations...i'll post a pic of them after my BFP ~ how's that for positive thinking!!

He showed us all 7 but also told us why he thought 2 weren't suitable for IVF, one was doing very well, infact it had about 6 cells in it but it had started off with only one cell (can't remember how he explained it) but basically he said that it didn't have a cell from the mother and the father to begin with but continued to grow (a bit of a freak of nature) so we couldn't use that one. The other one hadn't made any progress, it was in the progress of making another cell and stopped so was questionable. He explained what happened to the rest and I can't really remember it all but there was also one that had allowed two sperm to get into it which is not right either...wierd stuff.

We spoke to him about putting three in and he said that given my age and the grade of the embies he really didn't want to take that chance, he said that I would be high risk if I fell pregnant with tripletts and prolly wouldn't be able to carry them far enough. I succumbed because it has been on my mind quite a bit and agreed to put the two best embies back.

We put a 9 celled embie and a 8 celled embie back, they have given us a 60% chance of achieving a single pregnancy and a 40% chance of twins!! Woo hoo. The transfer wasn't bad at all, a bit like an IUI just a lot slower as they are more carefull, they did give me a pic of the scan as they injected the embies into my uterus which I will see if I can post next week. I cried a bit once it was done, they were happy tears off-course, my little embies are back where they are supposed to be!!

We had three left that we have chosen to freeze, they were all a bit slower than the two we put back and were all 4 celled embies. If we choose to use them one day then they will thaw them for two days before putting them back anyway which will give them a chance to grow.

I start my estra.pause tomorrow and carry on with folic acid, baby asprin (never been on that before but they recommended it) and prog.esterone until my beta and hopefully for the first 12 weeks of my pregnancy due to my prog dificiency.

My beta is on the 22nd June, it's gonna be a long two weeks ladies...but I feel very positive, hopefully hope sticks around!!

Frank has already told me to take it easy, I have been told that there are to be:
No HPT's (I never use the damn things anyway, but maybe he thinks this is different)
No taking of temps (which I stopped months ago)
And....No, your boobs don't look bigger.....he's a funny guy!!

Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts, here's to that BFP!!

13 comments:

Leah said...

So glad to hear everything went well and your 2 wonderful embryos are back home with their Mom.

My beta is on the 22nd as well, hopefully we'll be dancing in the streets together (virtually, of course, but will still be fun nonetheless).

Now get some rest. You're working on building new humans right now!

Kate said...

I'm so glad that all went well and I hope this cycle brings good news for you!

JJ said...

My prayers are VERY much with you--I will be out of town when you have your beta, but I will be thinking of you that day! Much love to you!

Erin said...

Wow, that sounds so great! Your doctor sounds really thorough and open about the whole process, which must be a huge help.

Good luck and I'll be checking in on you! Rest up!

Carrie said...

Here's to the two of them.

It will be a long 2ww but let's keep this positive vibe going.

Sarah said...

wow, you got so much detail about your embies, that sounds so cool! congratulations on a successful transfer and best of luck with the BIG 2ww!!

ultimatejourney said...

That's wonderful news, congratulations! I'm only doing IUI, but I might have to ask for a picture of the scan as they are doing it -- thanks for the idea.

Get some rest and keep up the great attitude! My thoughts are with you.

Unknown said...

Wishing you the best of luck, Tam!

Unknown said...

Found your blog from Erins blog...wishing you best of luck and hoping you get that BFP :)

LJ said...

Oh, wow Tam, this is so great. I'm excited that you have such an informative RE!

Good luck, everything is crossed over here for you!

JW said...

Wonderful news Tam, its good to come back to this!!! I'm praying wildly for your super two babies, I know they gonna make it. The 22nd will be here before you know it, bringing with it your BPF! Hows that for positive thinking, hee hee??? xxx

Chanti said...

Hi Tam,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am holding thumbs and praying that your two embies will stick around for say 9 months or so... Before you know it the 2ww will be over.

Mama Bear said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you had two great embies to transfer! I'm sure the wait is torture right now, but I am so hoping it has an extremely happy ending! :-)

thinking of you!