Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Fert report #1


Well all I can say is that was one of the longest nights ever, I woke up every hour thinking about our little embies and praying that they would be okay.
..
I finally plucked up the courage to phone them at about 10 past 10 this morning and you'll all be happy to know that this was the first time I've cried since my retrieval, I was soooo nervous, this is hard-core stuff!!
..
Our first fert report went as follows:
Out of 16 retrieved, 10 were done the normal IVF way and 6 with ISCI..
4 fertalised normally and we've got 2 possibles from the IVF batch
1 fertalised normally and we've got 1 possible from the ICSI batch
..
So that's 5 normal and 3 possibles, I am praying that all 8 carry on doing their thing to make nice strong embies!!
..
I couldn't be happier, of-course I know that we still have 2 nights to go until transfer but so far so good eh? The ICSI result was a bit surprising as I expected more to fertalise with ICSI than natrually but there you have it...things are not always as they seem.
..
Frank is so sweet and stayed with me until I phoned them, that was great as I just cried when I got off the phone, he just held me and told me that it was excellent news and that we've done very well and we have, we going to have a baby out of these embies, I can feel it in my waters!!
..
I must also say that the staff at Vita.lab are wonderfull, they made me feel so at ease yesterday and I wasn't in a rush to get out of there like I normally am, this morning the nurse was so sweet and told me to carry on drinking water, using my meds and try and relax because I've done very well. When I came out of theatre yesterday they had written on my hand...."16 eggs, well done" with a little smiley face...that really made my day!
..
Well girls, that's about it from me, I am still feeling a bit bloated and sore but i'm sure this will go away in the next few days (thanks for the advice on staying home Sarah, you were right)
..
Thanks for all your love and support guys, it really does help having so many wonderfull people in my corner! Hugs for all of you.
..
On another note, you will all be happy to hear that Bumble is doing just fine, enjoying her time away and it also looks like she's getting a bit of the old morning sickness, she's 6wks1day today and things are moving along nicely....Thank you God.
..
Stay tuned for tomorrow report on Frank and Tam's little embies....we already love them!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

congratulations, i am SO so happy for you! glad you get to rest, and thanks for the update on bumble too!

now grow little guys, you can do it!!

Mandy said...

Whew! What a relief! I am very proud of you Tam - you have handled this cycle like a champion. I have a feeling you are going to be joining our Bumble with that morning sickness very soon!
Hugs and prayers,
Mands xx

Leah said...

Yeah! 8 siblings still playing together in the petri dish! Congratulations on the good numbers, this is great news.

I'll continue crossing my fingers and doing that funky chicken dance for you guys.

ultimatejourney said...

That's SO great! I'm very happy for you. I've got everything crossed for you!

Kate said...

Congrats! That is really wonderful news. :)

JJ said...

Oh I am so happy for you! I am getting nervous just thinking about the night I will have to wait for my report! I will keep sending LOTS of good thoughts your way!! Thanks for the update on Bumble!

Mama Bear said...

Tam, I'm SO happy for you! I'll continue to send all my hope and good thoughts your way for you and your embies!

Hang in there until transfer! I'll be thinking of you!

(And, thanks for the update on Bumble. Let her know we're all thinking of her, too and so happy that all is well! I hope you'll join her very soon!)