Friday, June 1, 2007

Once upon a time there were 13 liddle follies...

Yup...that's correct ladies...we have 13 liddle follies on the go!! They are measuring from 12mm and 13mm so still have a little way to go, my lining was a lovey 9.3mm so that's good too!! I have 6 follies on my left ovary and 7 on my right (I'll never say I have lazy right ovary - ever never ever again!!)

Of-course I have no idea how they even count the damn things, it seems so fast and I'm sure that they can't count all of them anyway so I suppose the retrieval will reveal all...so to speak.

I had to have E2 bloods again today to see if that's still within range and then they would decide whether to increase/decrease my dosage, bloods came back (don't ask as they didn't tell) and they decided to keep me on 225iu for the next two days, next scan is on Sunday. Woohoo, I get to sleep in tomorrow!!

Sunday will be day 9 of stims and I'm sure it will be trigger day too but if it's not it's okay as we've paid for 10 days of stims anyway, I'm also going for reflexology tomorrow so she work her magic and then we'll see what Sunday brings, I must say that I am very pleased with my ovaries and very excited to see what the next few days bring.

I hardly slept last night, I tossed and turned all night worrying about what today would bring, I didn't expect such good results, I was up early this morning....(**WARNING TMI**) and nearly shat myself (it was a good thing I was on the toilet having a pee) when I got a huge chuck of EWCM when I wiped, now that really worried me and I thought that maybe they had left things too late and my eggs where about to explode, luckily I was wrong again. I'm still getting loads of EWCM now and I don't think i've ever seen so much of the stuff in my life before, I sms'ed my sweet friend Bumble who told me that it was okay - I love her to bits, she's such a sweetie and always there when I need her!

Okay, enough of that....today, I am happy and excited!! Roll on Sunday!!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

HURRAY!!! good job, follies!! awesome news! and i had lots of extra EWCM too.

just FYI, every protocol is different but with mine, if you triggered on sunday, you would still stim again on monday before retrieval on tuesday, so even if you trigger on day 9 you'd do 10 days of stims. when mine were at 12 and 13mm, i stimmed 3 more days before triggering (plus the day after), but again we're all different.

don't worry about them having a little ways to go, they say slow and steady is better than big and fast, gives more of them a chance to be ready at the same time. you're doing great!!!

ultimatejourney said...

Fantastic! Congratulations!

Baby Blues said...

Great job ovaries! You made your mommy proud.
Seems everything is going as planned. ;-)

Unknown said...

That's a great follie report, Tam! Good luck on Sunday!

Anonymous said...

That right ovary turned out to be a champ! Nice going!

JJ said...

Oh how AWESOME! Go follies GO!

Leah said...

Nice work, follies! Mine are cooperating at the moment too. We should only be a few days apart.

I had to laugh out loud when I read the EWCM comment. I have mentioned it twice now to the nurses at the REs office, it's freaking me out too. But they have assured me that my E2 is a better indicator of predicting my ovulation than the EWCM.

Not a big shocker that my body (specifically my reproductive tract) doesn't seem to know what is really going on, huh? Sure explains a lot...

Laura, the (reluctant) baroness said...

Congrats on the great follies!! Keep celebrating and enjoy your weekend!

Mama Bear said...

Hooray for the follies! Keep growing l'il ones! :-)