Thursday, February 7, 2008

Detox Day 8....

Ugh....this is terrible, I'm feeling awful. I knew that it would be bad but I expected to feel a bit better. I've been off work one day with terrible body pains and a really bad headache, the rest of the time has been okay but I definately do not feel well!

So I started the second part of my detox on Monday this week, Day 5. This detox consists of a liquid diet and colonics for 6 days. Herewith the liquid diet rules :

  • Cleansing drink: drink a 3 quarter glass of water with a quarter glass of freshly juiced apple juice. Follow this with a glass of water mixed with half a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of raw honey - drink this 5 times a day
  • Flaxseed tea drink: Soak 1 tablespoon of flaxseeds in half a cup of boiling water, allow to cool and drink the water and chew on the seeds. Drink at least 2 cups of this a day
  • Broth: To one litre filtered water add - 3 cups of chopped celery, 1 garlic clove, 1 chopped carrot, 2 cups chopped sweet potato and 2 cups of butternut. Bring this to the boil and then simmer for 2 minutes or til veggies are soft, you can add fresh herbs like coriander, basil or mint to this for taste. Liquidise this, this is your only "real" food so you can have this anytime of the day.
  • Veggie juices: Juice the following (with a juicer, not a blender): 3 carrots, 3 cabbage leaves, 2 stalks celery, 2 steamed beetroots, 1 steamed turnip, half a garlic clove, 6 spinach leaves and half a bunch of parsley - dilute with mineral water OR Juice carrots, celery and steamed beetroot, mix this in 50:50 ratio with mineral water (I found the later one the best so I just have that) - Drink 2 - 4 cups a day.
  • You can add some more sweet potato or butternut to your broth or eat a little brown rice if you are feeling weak or hungry.

You also have a whole list of supplements that they supply so I feel like I'll rattle if you shake me from all the tabs i'm taking! The colonics is anything but pleasant, in-fact it's quite uncomfortable and sore but I'll be doing my 4th 1 hour session today so at least I'm almost finished with only 2 more to go after today. The good news is that I have lost a total of 4 kg's so far, this wasn't the point of doing this but it does help :)

I was also on CD8 yesterday so we started accupuncture to "start heating the oven" (as Dr P put it), i'll have AC every second day until CD 12, Frank will do AC on days 10 & 12 too and we are to "start getting intimate" on CD10 - CD14. Not quite sure if I carry on the Agnes cactus during the 2ww and what he will do about my progesterone dificiency so I need to ask. So I suppose we'll see what happens then, personally I think that it's too early for my body to have changed too much but what have we got to lose?

From sunday I will be put on a different eating plan because you can't just go from having just liquid to eating everything again, I pressume it will also be something that I'll need to live by to control my acidity, i'll let you know.

So girls, that's my story. Not very exciting at all and I can't wait until my last colonic and until I can eat proper food again!!

Bumble and little Bumble are all doing well, Bumble is persavering with breast feeding and sounds happy. Little Bumble is just beautiful too, so so perfect. I can't wait until our day comes girls - I just know it will!

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Aw man, I am so aorry you feel so bad. They say you always feel worse before you feel better. It sucks though but it is for a very good cause - we can see that from Bumbles good news!

anna said...

oh my gosh- I can't believe you're sticking to this plan. I applaud you...you're much stronger and more determined than I would be. I really hope you start feeling better soon or maybe the acupuncture can help with some of your physical discomfort. If your commitment to this doesn't prove how much you deserve a baby peanut, I don't know what does!!!
Cheering you on from the sidelines-Anna

JJ said...

You are a trooper for sticking with it! Im sure it has been hard--thank you for posting your progress and the updates on what you are eating!
Thanks for the updates on Bumble too!!

Carrie said...

This sounds AWFUL! You so deserve to get a good outcome!! Hope it makes the difference.

Jackie said...

I did a detox after my laparoscopy. I was juicing together whatever fruit I had in the house with lemons, garlic and ginger, then adding a tablespoon of olive oil, stirring it up and chugging it down. After that I followed up with some heinous herbal tincture mixed into 2 oz of OJ. Blech. I wish you all the best on your last days of detox and hope that it helps!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tam... so sorry I've been MIA and sorry to hear about all you've been through. IF is so unfair but I still love your positive attitude.

Wow.. I applaud you for going through this. I personally don't think I could make it. Hope you feel better soon and it brings positive results. Hang in there.. :) :)

Stefanie Wolfaardt said...

Hi Tam,

I haven’t spoken to you in a while. I'm impressed to see that you have stick to your guns. I know you as the type of lady that will persevere…

Your day will come sweetie, when you least expect it...

xxx