Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I'm a happy Peanut!!

It’s been quiet over here in Peanut’s land, not much happening really. Frank and I are now in our 2ww after our 2nd DIY cycle and I am happy to say that so far this cycle has turned out much better than the last one with Ovulation on CD15!! That’s much better than it has been which means that my cycles are now under 30 days again, I am a happy Peanut!!

As you all know, this DIY thing is not as easy as 1, 2, 3. It takes some practice to get back into the “swing” of things, I mean really, it’s been a while since having s.e.x was for trying to make a baby, well in our lives that is. So timed intercourse was out the window months ago and getting back into it was not so easy. It turns out that luck was on my side this month, Murphy has seemed to have left the building this time round!! Frank and I had planned a weekend away, as I have said in my previous posts…my husband is particularly stressed at the moment, work is hectic. As it turns out, a lady that I work with won a prize for a helicopter ride and breakfast on a mountain in Parys (not Paris – said Pa-race) which is about an hours drive from us, she had to go in for an op so decided that she would like to give it to me, Frank and I decided to make a weekend out of it and booked ourselves in for Friday and Saturday night with the heli ride on Sunday.

We had the most awesome weekend, lots of relaxing, reading and sitting by the river enjoying the view and the sun!! Oh and not to mention some much needed lovin’!! I was in the dark a bit about my cycle this month but was delighted to see my old friend EWCM on Friday night, I ovulated on Sunday which I was very happy about seeing as tho it was very well timed with our “dirty” weekend. Maybe, just maybe this will be the miracle that we have been hoping for provided I never killed off Frank’s sperm like I normally do, I never even thought about the bicarb douche this time round, oh well….sometimes miracles do happen, now we wait….and hope.

Here are some pics from the weekend…



In other news, Frank and I had time to chat about our FET, I’m not quite sure if I got my way yet as no decisions were made but some seeds were indeed sown. I want to do the FET in my next cycle, Frank initially said that October is really stressful for him and that we should wait until Nov, he then asked what it involved and I said, a couple of scans, a trigger and then the transfer….oestrogen and progesterone in the 2ww….and he said, okay…let’s take it as it comes and decide then….so ladies, either way…my little embies wont be frozen for much longer and I’ll be starting my FET cycle in 2 weeks or 6 weeks time….Peanut is very happy!! Roll on BFP!!

While you’re out and about ~ please go over and say congrats to Leah (little pee stick monster) and Erin who have mananged to get their BFP’s!! Bumble who has just found out that she is having a little girl and that she is perfect, and then last but not least….Mands, who is almost on her way to stimms!!

11 comments:

Sarah said...

woohoo, sounds like a good plan and a great weekend!! hopefully having the FET plan in your back pocket will take some of the pressure off this cycle too, wouldn't it be nice to enjoy a nice weekend for just a nice weekend without all the DIY stress? (of course hoping all the while...)

good to hear from you, glad to hear such happy news!

Leah said...

Glad you had a wonderful weekend away and I sure do hope the dirty luvin has worked it's magic!

Thank you also for the sweet comments, I really miss you this cycle and can't wait to cheer you on through either this DIY cycle or the FET!

anna said...

I'm crossing all my fingers and toes for you for this month. Plus, it sounds like you have a plan for the next couple months which always adds light to the dark tunnel, right?! I was starting to worry when you hadn't posted for a while but am glad that you're doing well and that the happy, peaceful Peanut has been recovered!!!

JJ said...

Sounds like SUCH a great time-and you sound so happy=) Great to see!!!
DYI is hard, isnt it?! Glad that your cycles are back on track--I hope to be that way soon too!

ultimatejourney said...

It sounds like you're doing a wonderful job of dealing with the DIY cycle -- and wow, what perfect timing ovulating on your weekend away! I hope things fall into place for you this cycle, but if not I'm sure having a plan helps you feel better about the future. Come on, BFP!

Mandy said...

Thanky you for the mention... besides this crazy headache I am holding up quite well.
That weekend getaway looks divine, I am so glad you guys got some R&R together... very important for baby making!
I hope you get to do your FET soon, that is, if there isn't already something baking in there :-)

Mands xx

One View said...

Yay.. how exciting that you'll be starting an FET soon. And I'm glad you are slowly finding yourself again. Good luck...!!

Becks said...

The photos looked great. I hope the 2ww brings great news, you sound so relaxed about it, which can only be a good thing.

Chanti said...

Hi Tam,
Just a quick update, haven't had a lot of time. On day 9 of stimms. Going for another scan tomorrow morning and then will probably trigger tomorrow night. 7 follies right and about the same left, overy was hiding on friday!
Good luck with your diy cycle... hope that this is the one for you.

JW said...

It looks like you guys had a fantastic weekend Tambo! The photos are lovely. And now we wait with baited breath... miracles do happen after all! x

Baby Blues said...

Lovely pictures! I'm happy you're happy. :-)