Thursday, December 6, 2007

What is a mother....

I found this post on the new Forum that I am on, I have come to hate forum's on my IF journey, the people that you normally meet there have no clue and are so insensitive to your needs. They are the ones that complain about taking 3 whole months to conceive, they have no idea what real infertility is like.

But this forum is different, the women here all understand, many of them can't fall pregnant/stey pregnant without help, they are like you and I and are walking the very same road that we are all on. Some of them are even from my clinic so that is nice too. Should you wish to come have a look or need some extra support....please pop by....http://www.fertilicare.co.za/forum/index.php

When I read this I cried, this is for all of you who have lost a child through miscarriage or neonatal loss...my heart goes out to all you brave brave women, my very dear friends in blog-land....

What is a mother?

I thought of you and closed my eyes
And prayed to God today
I asked “What makes a Mother?”
And I know I heard him say.

“A Mother has a baby”
This we know is true
“But God can you be a Mother,
when your baby is not with you?”

“Yes, you can,” He replied
with confidence in his voice
“I give many women babies,
when they leave is not their choice.

Some I send for a lifetime,
and others for the day.
And some I send to feel your womb,
but there’s no need to stay.”

“I just don’t understand this God,
I want my baby to be here.”
He took a deep breath and cleared his throat,
and then I saw the tear.

“I wish I could show you
what your child is doing today.
If you could see your child’s smile,
with all the other children and say…

“We go to Earth to learn our lessons,
of love and life and fear.
My Mommy loved me oh so much,
I got to come straight here.

I feel so lucky to have a Mom,
who had so much love for me.
I learned my lessons very quickly,
My Mommy set me free.

I miss my Mommy oh so much,
but I visit her every day.
When she goes to sleep,
on her pillow’s were I lay...

I stroke her hair and kiss her cheek
and whisper in her ear.
‘Mommy don’t be sad today,
I’m your baby and I’m here.”

“So you see my dear sweet ones,
your children are okay.
Your babies are born here in My home,
and this is where they’ll stay.

They’ll wait for you with Me,
until your lesson’s through.
And on the day that you come home
they’ll be at the gate for you.

So now you see what makes a Mother,
it’s the feeling in your heart.
It’s the love you had so much of
right from the very start.

Though some on Earth may not realise,
you are a Mother until their time is done.
they’ll be up here with Me one day
and know that you are the best one!”

6 comments:

Becks said...

That was so moving, tears all round I think. Hope you are ok xx

Carrie said...

What are you doing to me? I'm too emotional for this clearly!
What a lovely poem.
Thank you Hon xx

JJ said...

So beautiful...thanks for sharing.
Sending you hugs friend!

Katy said...

I wanted to thank you for this. My first pregnancy I lost because it was ectopic. I fell into a depression about it...but thankfully was able to have three beautiful children following that. I still cry at times about the baby I lost though...and that poem was just beautiful. Thank you for sharing and i am so glad i came across your blog so i could read it!

JW said...

That was so sad and lovely too... Sniff sniff...

Chanti said...

Hey Tam,
Thank you so much for that poem. It made me cry and it made my heart ache. But it is beautiful.
Best wishes for you for 2008